It’s Good To Put Yourself First Sometimes…
I wonder if you’ve ever felt overwhelmed, lacking energy or unhappy about the results you’re getting?
Over the last six weeks I’ve been suffering from a virus that has resulted in me spending a lot of time sleeping. As someone who is active and always doing things, giving in to my body has been a challenge. But eventually I recognized this as a nudge to stop and make some changes.
As a consequence I’ve committed to myself to re-establish daily habits in 2014 that will put me in the best place to feel good, be happy and healthy. One of these is to exercise in a way I love each day and last week I decided to watch the film Choice Point while on my running machine – I am so glad I did!
It was a great reminder that in every moment we have a choice – to pause, reflect and take action aligned to our heart or to allow ourselves to run on autopilot, sometimes doing things that are not good for us or take us further away from our dreams.
So today ahead of saying ‘yes’ to something, I invite you to put yourself first for once. To consider whether saying ‘yes’ would be in your highest good and make your decision based on this.
Having re-assessed what I had in my diary for the start of the year and made a few tough decisions, I feel so much better and energized as I step joyfully into 2014!
Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014!
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE