What’s Love Got To Do With Business?
For too long the focus of many businesses has been about survival of the fittest; trying to out-smart the competition as though there is not enough business or money to go around; measuring success only in terms of profit with little consideration for social impact; and trying to convince consumers that they have a ‘need’ for what the business wants to sell rather than creating products and services that are in the best interest of the customer.
Thankfully however, times are changing and there are an increasing number of heart-centered visionaries who are leading the way with more authentic, generous and socially sustainable ways of doing business. In his book Screw Business As Usual, Richard Branson talks about his philosophy of ‘Do good, have fun and the money will come’. This is certainly the approach I strive to adopt and I encourage others to do the same.
I wonder what you and your business could achieve if you put love, kindness and compassion at the heart of all you do…
Towards yourself, towards others, all aspects of your business and the planet …
Engaging Your Heart is the 1st Principle of Heart-Centered Leadership and if you hold love, kindness and compassion in your heart whenever you do business you’re far more likely to:
- Feel more aligned to the beautiful essence of who you truly are.
- Be more likely to come up with products & services others will want to buy.
- Find it easier to have ‘sales’ conversations about how you can help others.
- Attract more clients and money with less effort.
- Overcome negative feelings that are holding you back.
One simple way to engage your heart in this way is to:
- Imagine feeling love, kindness and compassion in your heart (e.g. by thinking about someone you cherish).
- Imagine you can pump this feeling around your body with each heart beat.
- And as you hold this feeling, ask yourself a resourceful question such as:
- If I was being more loving/kind/compassionate towards myself, what would I change in my business?
- If I was to be more loving/kind/compassionate towards my clients, what could I do?
- How could I be more loving/kind/compassionate in the way I do sales?
To find out more, about how to connect to introduce more LOVE into your business in a way that will also boost your success, I invite you to join me on one of my regular free Jumpstart Your Business (the heart-centered way) Webinars. Click HERE for further details.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE