How To Stop Great Clients Slipping Through Your Fingers
Recently I had a lovely evening meeting some new like-minded souls at a networking group I’d been keen to attend for a while. But I’d almost forgotten about the event until I received a reminder from Meetup.com.
Have you ever missed something you’d really wanted to attend or see but forgot about?
Yet do you ever feel reluctant about reminding people about your events or product offers?
I know I used to feel anxious about sending out reminders, as I didn’t want to bother or pester people. But now I realise that some people will be really pleased to receive them!
It’s natural that we’re all caught up in living our own lives and operating on auto-pilot most of the time, focusing only on what’s most important to us in that moment. And so it’s easy to forget about other things that we’d love or need to do.
If you’re out there marketing your business well there’s is a strong likelihood that you’ve met some great potential clients. But they may not have been ready to buy from you at that particular moment or maybe didn’t yet understand the value of what you could do for them.
And clients who have loved what you’d done for them may be delighted to buy from you again. I remember a reminder from my local garage that my car was due its MOT, once turned me into a very loyal customer – because no-one else had done that! (For those not in the UK, an MOT is the annual safety check we need to put our cars through in the UK).
So here are 3 simple things you can do (that most people don’t) to authentically make most of leads you gather through your marketing:
- Immediately follow up with those you meet who are interested in what you’re doing, whether this is as a potential contact or client e.g. by sending them an email or social media message.
- Set up a process to help you monitor and follow up potential leads/repeat business dates e.g. a simple Excel spreadsheet you can refer to and update each week.
- Become comfortable having sales conversations, talking about money and following up with those who are interested in your services. If you don’t feel confident about this, those you speak to will pick up on it and may be put off buying from you.
Not having a robust sales process in place is a bit like filling up your car with fuel when the tank is full of holes – it’s a waste of time, money and energy!
If you’d like to change the way you think, feel and what you do when ‘selling’ so you get better results I’m running a Give To Sell Workshop that covers this in Edinburgh on 12th June – you can find out more HERE.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE