12 Quick Fire Strategies to Get More Clients Now
Are you wasting time trying to get everything perfect before getting out there and meeting potential clients?
Following on from last week’s blog, What’s Best – Quick Sales or Slow Burn, I thought I’d share some ideas for if you need to earn money quickly.
Come up with a special offer / irresistible free gift / pilot / samples / prototype and promote this a few ways:
- Top 250 List – write a list of everyone you know personally; let them know what you’re now doing and ask if they know anyone who could be interested in your offer (ideally by phone).
- Give people (e.g. clients & contacts) an incentive or reward for referring people to you – and ask them you do this.
- Learn how to use social media advertising effectively to promote your offer (once you’ve a sales funnel in place to follow up leads and convert into clients).
- Email everyone you know and let them know about your special offer.
- Do personal messages to all your social media connections to tell them about your offer.
- Create a useful and highly attractive freebie that your ideal clients will want to sign up to. You don’t need to spend long on it (some of my freebies I created in 1-hour).
- Public Speaking* – seek out groups of your ideal clients to speak to e.g. through Facebook groups, Meet Up groups, local community groups, networking groups – deliver a talk that invites the audience to sign up to your ‘offer’ or freebie in a heart-centered way at the end.
- Host taster events so people can meet you and sample your work or products (keep them short i.e. 1-2 hours). Remembering to capture contact details by offering your freebie/offer. These events could be free, charge a nominal fee or be for donations (for a cause close to your heart).
- Ask if you can attend others’ events to show case your products/services – remembering to come up with an attractive offer for them so they will want to say ‘yes’ to you!
- Run fundraising events targeted at your ideal clients (on-line or in person).
- Connect with Joint Venture Partners (others who offer different services to the same audience – discuss how you could cross refer each other e.g. promoting, interviewing, guest blogging, sharing each other’s free resources, offering sales commission etc. This is one of my personal favourites for so many reasons!
Note, this is only a quick burner strategy if you have an irresistible product/service in place and already have good relationships with potential partners to approach – otherwise this is a slow burn strategy that can get quick results once you have relationships with JVPs who are a good ‘fit’.
- Follow a plan – e.g. commit to reach out to 5 potential clients, business partners a day for a month.
These are just some of many ideas, it would be great to hear your ideas and thoughts below.
Next week I’ll be sharing some long-term marketing strategies for building a joyful and sustainable business.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE