What’s the ‘right’ number of emails to send?
One of the greatest resources you can build for your business is an email list of your ideal clients. But what do you do with it?
I used to send out monthly emails and was concerned about sending any more for fear of ‘bothering’ my list. Until I understood the benefits of sending out more frequent content based emails.
Are there some emails you usually open? And others you ignore?
I’ll bet some of what influences your decision to open an email include whether you like and respect the sender, you find their emails helpful and if you have time.
People ‘buy’ from people they know, like and trust. Sending valuable content to your subscribers gives them the opportunity to get to know you and keeps you in their mind – should they need what you offer in the future. They are also more likely to buy from you, when you have an offer to share.
By increasing the frequency of my content based emails to once a week, I now get more responses from my readers – including enquiries that turn into clients.
So if you want to be of greater service to your followers I suggest sending a content based email out at least once a week. Your readers always have the option whether to open them or not.
You may also want to check out a fantastic new book by Ian Brodie called ‘Email Persuasion‘ – it’s packed with really useful tips and illustrations how to get your email marketing working for you.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE