How Do You Stand Out?
One of the things I love about being in business is that it’s a great opportunity to express the true essence of who you are – if you know who that is and have the courage to do it!
I recently had a conversation with someone who’d been advised to ‘tone down’ what they were wearing so they came across as being more ‘professional’ – despite this person being extremely talented in their field, having a huge heart and lots of charisma. They were almost swayed to conform until they realised that most of their customers and followers love that are different!
In traditional jobs and roles in society we are conditioned to fit into the ‘norm’. But to succeed in business, we need to stand out so that people notice and remember us – whether this be the way you connect with people, how you dress, your energy, your story, your values, your products/services, the results you get, the scope of your work, your passions and interests or how you touch the lives of others. Those who succeed in business have learnt how to embrace who they are and to enjoy blowing their own trumpet.
Last week I took a couple of days to reconnect with who I am, what’s important to me and how I can be of greatest service in the world. Whenever this happens I find that as soon as I focus on what I love doing and what’s important to me, exciting and compelling ideas start to flow. And I know that it’s the manifestations of these ideas, that makes me different and more memorable to my friends and followers.
- What makes you different from others (in a positive way)?
- How could you incorporate all this into how you do business?
When you step into your personal power and express your authentic voice you’ll attract more of your ideal clients and business opportunities aligned to the type of business you’d love to create.
If you’d like any help in working out how make you and your business stand out, contact me.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE