Compassionate Sales – An Oxymoron Or Perfect Marriage?
I wonder if like me you’ve ever struggled with the idea of selling?
I used to be someone who avoided ‘sales’ at all cost and so I originally built up my business by working as a training consultant through organisations who ‘sold’ what I offered to their audience. It was great – all I needed to do was turn up and deliver. And once I’d worked with enough clients, I found my diary filled through referrals.
However when I chose to give up most of my training consultancy, it was like starting a new business – and my uneasiness around sales came up again. Only this time, having far more experience and knowledge about business, human psychology and how to overcome emotional and mindset blocks, it wasn’t long before I discovered how to love marketing and ‘sales.’
It was while writing the chapter on Compassion in my forthcoming book Heartatude – The 9 Principles Of Heart-Centered Success that I realised ‘selling’ is just another way to be compassionate:
- You see being compassionate is about taking action to ease someone else’s suffering.
- The purpose of marketing is to provide solutions to other people’s problems – and letting them know how you can help.
- Sales is simply about helping others work out whether what you’ve got to offer is a good fit for them – and if so, to invite them to buy from you!
When you think about sales in this way, not letting people how you can help them seems selfish!
So while your intention may be to be kind or to make a difference to others, giving in to your ego and negative programming around sales could be having the opposite affect – at a cost to you and them.
Why lose out to love when you could be enjoying the perfect marriage?
Because as soon as you decide to embrace the possibility that ‘selling’ could be a way to help others, and that you can do this AUTHENTICALLY and in a way that FEELS GOOD, you will find it easier to sign up more clients – once of course you’ve mastered the skills to do this!
People have been asking me to share how to do this and so my latest training course – The Compassionate Sales Formula was born in 2014.
If you’d like to find out more, I invite you to sign up to my free report 25 Ways To Sign Up Clients Without ‘Selling’ – this is packed with tips on this topic. You can sign up HERE.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE