I wonder if you ever ask yourself any of the following questions:
- How do I find more clients?
- What’s the right price (for my services)?
- Which social media platform should I focus on first?
- How long should an ebook/newsletter/book be?
- Which product should I develop first?
These are just some of the questions I’ve been asked by clients this week and there is one answer that I say again and again as a starting point for all of these – quite simply, it depends who your ideal paying clients are.
There are many people who can give you their opinions (and some very valuable tips on what to check out) but the best people to get to know well, before you make these decisions, are those that you’re looking to help or serve with your products/services.
Because being clear on who your ideal clients are has an impact on the answer to all these questions. Only once you’ve defined (and researched your ideal clients) will you know where they are (so you can ‘find’ more of them more quickly); what price they are willing to pay; which social media platform they are on; what content to include in ebooks / newsletters / books and which products or services they want, need and are willing to pay for.
So please, please, please if you haven’t defined your ideal PAYING clients yet, make this a priority. Because if you don’t, you’re likely to be wasting lots of your time and money – developing products and services that won’t generate the cash to provide your ideal life.
Matching your passions and skill sets to what lots of your ideal clients want, is one of the core foundations for earning good money doing what you love and making more of a difference to others.
If you’d like help with this, check out my Jumpstart Your Business Programme – there are two modules that specifically covers this. Click here to find out more.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE