Could detoxing your business help?
One of my favourite times of the year is the first day I see lambs playing in the fields. But I also love the colours and feelings of letting go in the autumn. It’s a great time to prune away the old so you can flourish and grow more radiantly when spring arrives again. Detoxing your business to get it more aligned to the life you’d like to enjoy every day, and your business goals, is something you can do any time of year.
As a consequence of going through a revamp of my website recently, I found myself ‘detoxing’ and consolidating my business. While at the time it felt like website hell (I’m not a very technical person) it did give me the opportunity to reflect and decide what I’d like my main priorities for my business to be for the next year or two. And having done this I feel so much more energised about the months ahead.
- What isn’t working in your business?
- What are you tolerating in your business that you’d like change?
- Is there anything you’re doing in your business you’d prefer not to do?
Here are some tips for letting go now so that you have more energy and focus for your business:
- Review all your product/service offerings, ask yourself whether these all still excite you. If not, consider how you could generate the same (or more) cash by offering something different. And start taking steps to make this happen.
- Are there any critical aspects of your work you don’t like doing or are not good at? If yes delegate or ditch! Especially if you could do this for less (or automate) than you can earn in the time it takes you to do it. I usually find delegating is a great investment and now realise that doing things myself often has a greater cost to the business (and my sanity).
- What relationships are taking up too much of your time and no longer serving you? Take action to limit the time you spend on these to free you up to be able to develop relationships with those who you’d love to help or collaborate with?
- Ask yourself what you could do differently going forward so you meet more of your personal and business goals?
- What mindset or emotional resistance would it be beneficial to let go of? Once you’ve identified these take action (e.g. by tapping) to overcome them and notice how much easier growing your business will become.
If you’d like help on working out your focus the next few months, please do get in touch – particularly if you’re working too hard and not making the process you’d like, you’re feeling overwhelmed or have one particular goal you’d love to achieve.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE