5 Reasons Why Businesses Fail
Having helped many business owners set up in business over the years, I’m always saddened by all the talented and well intended people I meet who are frustrated, disappointed or stressed that their business isn’t working out as they’d hoped – whether this be that they’re not earning enough money, don’t have enough business or are doing things they don’t enjoy. And it’s often easy to identify the key mistakes many of these business owners are making – I wonder if any of these apply to you?
- Not having and following a business plan – if you don’t have a vision for your business or action plan you’re following each day/week, it’s likely that you’re wasting time and money doing and you’re less likely to create the lifestyle you want. By simply taking a couple of days out to do this, you could significantly transform your success.
- A lack of focus and action on what will generate cash – unless you’ve another source of income, it’s important to focus on activities (in terms of product/service development and marketing) that will have the greatest positive impact for you and the people you want to serve.
- Not being clear on who your ideal clients are – one the most critical factors that determines how long quickly you could build a successful business. Only when you’re clear on your ideal clients can you develop products/services that provide solutions to their problems and use the ‘right’ words in your marketing. It’s much easier to help a defined market than try to help everyone.
- Avoiding sales – giving in to the fear of not wanting to come across as a pushy sales person. The reality is that unless you learn to embrace and enjoy sales or work collaboratively with others who will refer a good stream of business to you – your business is not likely to succeed. There are so many ways to do this, there’s bound to be something that will work for you.
- Giving in to negative thoughts and emotions – it’s your emotions that drive what you do, how you do it, how others perceive you and ultimately whether people will buy from you. So it’s critical to learn to manage your emotions so you can embrace a calm confidence in all you do.
- Not learning how to succeed at business – I really do meet so many kind-hearted and passionate people who want to make a difference to others, but the reality is that they are not making the difference they’d like to make because they don’t know how to succeed at business. And yet it’s just another set of skills to learn.
So if any of these apply to you what can you do?
If you’re ready to take action to turn your business around, why not sign up to my Jumpstart Your Business Programme – that is available as an on-line Webinar Programme or 2 day workshop. Click here to find out more.
I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts – please do share your comments below.
Alisoun Mackenzie is The Compassionate Business Mentor, Author, and Speaker who inspires business owners and social entrepreneurs to turn their passions into profits and make a difference in the world.
She is also the author of two Amazon Best Selling books Heartatude, The 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success and Give to Profit: How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities Social Causes.
Alisoun is also the founder of The Heartabiz Hub a business network and training academy and has written the following free ebooks:
- The 9 Secrets to Signing Up Clients Without Selling (click here)
- 101 Ways To Attract Great Clients, With Heart, Integrity & Social Impact (click here)
- 52 Ways to Raise Funds for Charities and Social Causes Through Your Business (click here)
You can connect with Alisoun here:
- Alisoun’s website – www.alisoun.com
- Alisoun Mackenzie Facebook Fanpage (for tips on authentic living and business mastery) – click HERE
- The Heartabiz Hub Facebook Fanpage (for details about our courses and events) – click HERE
- Give To Profit Facebook Fanpage (tips on supporting charities and social causes) – click HERE